Spring veggies are bright and delicious! I love to use produce that is in season – as you have better options for getting it fresh and local. However, whatever you can find at your local grocer will do too (opt for organic when you can) Quinoa is a great plant protein-based & gluten-free option but feel free to sub with another grain of your choice.
The veggies I used are asparagus & radishes. I feel radishes don’t get much attention (guilty here too!) But I have grown to love them raw and cooked. Foods high in anthocyanins, like radishes, have been linked to a lower risk of cardiovascular disease. These foods also have an effect on cholesterol levels, triglyceride levels, and blood pressure.
Asparagus is easy to find year-round. It is full of antioxidants and great for gut health. Also included you will find scallions and pistachios along with a super easy dressing that is delish.
Love this meal for meal prep and feel free to add any additional protein you choose (chicken, eggs, beans, tofu, shrimp)
Spring Quinoa Veggie Bowl
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 lb fresh asparagus (chopped)
- 1 bunch radishes - washed and quartered
- 1 bunch scallions - chopped
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- pinch salt & red pepper flakes (to taste)
- handful of chopped parsley leaves
- Cook quinoa according to package directions (this could be done ahead of time)
- Set oven to 400f and line or spray a baking sheet
- Add asparagus & radishes to a bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil. Spread even onto pan and cook 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- While the veggies cool, whisk the dressing ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the cooked veggies, scallions and quinoa to the bowl and mix well
- Top with pistachios and enjoy!