Who doesn’t love tacos?! They are so versatile and you can customize them to your liking. We are going with yummy root veggies in this recipe to make this a hearty dish. Some root veggies are beets, fennel, parsnips, carrots, and potatoes to name a few. We are working with carrots, parsnips, beets, red onion & sweet potatoes in this recipe. But feel free to swap what you want! Black beans are added in because well, TACOS!
The beauty of this recipe is that everything roasts together in 1 pan. I like to cook up extra to have on hand for other meal prep ideas during the week too. Options for toppings are endless, from cheese (vegan), sour cream, avocado, plain greek yogurt, salsa…. Wrap up in a corn or flour tortilla or it is a bowl over greens or rice. So many options from 1 meal!
Root Veggie Tacos
- 2 large carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 2 beets
- 1 red onion
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- fresh cilantro for topping
- corn or flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425f. Line 1 or 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Peel and slice veggies into even sizes so they cook even.
- Toss with oil and seasonings until well coated. Spread into a single layer.
- Roast the veggies, roating halfway through for about 30-40 minutes. Until fork tender.
- Once done add to a large bowl with beans (option to heat up beans to warm or they may warm with the veggies)
- Adjust seasoning and add cilantro if using. Assemble into tacos or bowls and enjoy!