I am the queen of easy meals and this one is no different. You need just 2 pans and a few ingredients to make this tasty casserole dish. Not only is it vegan and gluten-free but made with no oils. Now, being Italian I cook EVERYTHING in olive oil but I wanted to give this version a try and I am impressed at the taste.
Vegetable broth is used in place of oil. Basically, it Is steamed in the pan until tender then added to the baking pan with quinoa and sauce (I am currently obsessed with FODY – great for gut sensitivity issues). Baked for about 20 minutes, sprinkle nutritional yeast on top, and broil until brown and slightly crispy. This was a crowd-pleaser! Great for meal prep too!
recipe adapted from www.forksoverknives.
Cauliflower & Quinoa Casserole
- 2 cups dry quinoa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tbp garlic, chopped
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 jar FODY sauce
- 1/2-1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbs italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- cook quinoa according to package directions
- in a large pan, add onion, garlic, italian seasoning & 1/4 cup broth. Cook over medium heat about 10 minutes until tender. Add cauliflower and cook additional 10-15 minuted until tender -don't over cook as it will cook more in the oven. Add vinegar with salt & pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spread quinoa into large baking dish. Spread FODY sauce over evenly. Top with cauliflower ingredients and peas. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove, add nutritional yeat and broil for about 5 minutes until browning.
- Serve warm. Reheat leftovers. Great for meal prep!