When recipes fly around social media sites and they look easy and delish to make I have to recreate them. I love anything oatmeal as I always have oats in my pantry and there are easy-to-make recipes. Plus you can add whatever you have on hand as far as fruit, seeds, nuts, and peanut butters. And when it’s all in one dish that’s the best!
Did I mention that this is great for meal prep?! You know I love a good meal prep recipe to set you up for success during the week. I had these ready to go and topped with plain Greek yogurt for a filling breakfast. In this recipe, I added protein powder. I started using Four Sigmatic Plant-Based Protein. For a while, I stayed away from protein powders as they usually upset my stomach, but this one does not and it tastes yummy too.
Start with 3 ripe bananas and mash them in an 8×8 baking dish. Add in oats, chia seeds, milk, protein powder, and frozen mixed berries (or fresh). I topped it off with crushed walnuts and added pecans too. Sprinkle with cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Bake for 25-30 minutes until set in the middle and the edges are crispy.
Let cool and slice however you like. I wrapped mine individually and kept some in the fridge and some in the freezer. Add to your yogurt bowl or top with peanut butter or both!
One Dish Baked Oatmeal
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup rolled oats (GF is needed)
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 1 scoop Protein Powder (optional)
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/4 cup pecans
- sprinkle of cinnamon & salt
- Preheat oven to 375f
- Peel and mash the bananas at the bottom of a greased baking dish (8x8 works well or larger)
- Next, add in oats, milk, chia seeds, protein powder and berries. Mix well together.
- Top with walnuts, pecans and sprinkle with cinnamon and salt
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until edges are crispy and middle is cooked through.
- Let cool. Slice however you like. Keep in fridge or freezer until consumed.