Granola is such a great snack and even meal. Adding some almond milk to a bowl with berries is a great alternative to those sugary cereals. Yes, you can purchase ready-made bagged granola but be mindful as most of them have added sugars and just funny ingredients that you don’t need. My super seed nuts & granola recipe only has maple syrup for a touch of sweetness and no funny ingredients.
For the super seeds, I used pumpkin, flax, and hemp. You can also swap for sunflower or chia seeds. Nut options are endless. I went with pecans, walnuts, & cashews but again get creative with what you like. If you don’t want to keep them whole, you can chop them up a bit.
Mix in rolled oats (I used GF), maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, and coconut flakes (yes you can always add in chocolate chips or cacao nibs for a touch sweeter). Bake it all up together on a pan and enjoy! Leave in chunks or break apart to top on a yogurt bowl or cereal.
*recipe adapted from Ambitious Kitchen
Super Seed Nut & Granola
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup oat flour or GF flour
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven 300f. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Next, add the wet ingredieints to a small sauce pan and heat over a low flame until mixed together.
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix well. Spread mixtrue out on baking sheet evengy and press down into pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Check that it doesnt burn. Should be golden brown and smell yummy!
- Let cool then break up into chunks. Store in an air tight container and enjoy!