Yes, I am bringing you another oatmeal muffin recipe! I love making these as they are simple and a great healthier alternative to packaged snacks – not just for kids but for adults too. These are made with a few pantry staples that you probably have anyway so it makes it super easy.
This recipe can easily be made vegan by using flax eggs in place of eggs. I am going to say stick with creamy PB for the best taste but feel free to switch up the nut butter – just can’t guarantee the same deliciousness. Adding in a tsp or 2 of chia or hemp seeds will boost its nutritional value with no compromise to taste so I say do it!
Once cooked and cooled, I like to wrap them individually and keep them in the fridge for a quick grab & go snack. Also can freeze them if you make a large batch to have on hand. Best when reheated with butter or nut butter on top. I also like to add them to my yogurt bowl for a satisfying breakfast. Either way, these are absolutely delicious & packed with protein – excuse me while I make another batch!
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- 12 cup muffin tin
- 2-3 ripe bananas (1 cup) mashed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanur butter (all natural)
- 2 eggs (or flax eggs)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey
- 2/3 cup almond milk or other milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups old-fashioned gluten free oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon – I like to just sprinkle it in!
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp chia or hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips – and more to sprinkle on top
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans are nice options In this recipe)
- Pre-heat oven to 350f. Line a 12 cup miffin tin or grease well. I use the silicon baking cups.
- In a large bowl mix all the wet ingredients together well. Then stir in the dry. Combine well together.
- Pour evengly into muffin tin. Sprinkle more chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let them cool and enjoy!