If you too have a teenage boy then you understand the struggle with keeping them fed 24/7! Sometimes I feel my full-time job is keeping him fed! In trying to limit the packaged snacks I often cook muffins, energy bites, and bread to keep on hand.
That is where my chocolate cinnamon bread was born. Usually, it’s all about the banana bread so I switched it up this time. Also, I went with whole wheat flour but you can totally make this GF with GF flour or oat flour. Not sure about almond as that would be a different ratio. Overall just a few ingredients and voila you have yourself a healthy snack.
This can also be made vegan by swapping the eggs for flax eggs. Go crazy and add your own mix-ins. Of course, I went with chocolate chips, because why not? But don’t stop there, try raisins, walnuts, pecans…
After it is cooled, I like to slice them up, wrap them individually and leave them in the fridge. This makes it easy for grab & go snacking. I highly recommend heating your slice up in the toaster and smothering the top with nut butter or any butter really! Get baking and enjoy!
Chocolate Cinnamon Bread
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (can sub GF or regular flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (more for sprinkle on top before baking)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs or flax eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrupp or honey
- mix in such as chocolate chips, walnuts, pecans, raisins (not necessarly all but choose what you like and measure with your soul!)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease a baking loaf pan (or use parchment paper)
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients. Separatey mix the wet ingreditnets.
- Add the wet to the dry (there is a science to this apparantly)
- Add your mix ins – Ilike to save some to sprinkle on top before baking
- Option to sprinkle a bit more cinnoman on top before baking too
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done
- Let cool. Slice. Wrap. Add to fridge. Enjoy!