In our grab & go world protein bars are alwasy in demand. There are so many to choose from and some are really good options and some not so much. Please read the ingredient labels on protein bars. A lot of them contain added unnecassry sugars and other ‘natural ingredients’ that really are not natural.
Then I thought why not just make your own? Easy recipe with ingredients you might already have on hand or easy to get. So here we go….Pumpkin Oatmeal Protein Bars!
No added sugars.
Yes they still taste yummy too! What you will need:
Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (GF if desired)
Vegan protein powder (I went with vanilla)
Chia or hemp seeds (get those omega 3’s in)
Everything eventually goes into 1 bowl, mix and bake. I love to individual wrap them and keep in the fridge for grab & go. These are freezer friendly too! Take some time and make your own protein bars.
You will enjoy it that much more knowing you made them with love and your own ingredients!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Protein Bars
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup vegan protein powder (or regular)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- sprinkle of salt
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds or chia (your choice) flax works well too
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (save to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat oven to 375f. Spray 8×8 baking liberally.
- Mix together dry ingredients In a large bowl.
- Separately mix wet ingredients (minus chocolate chips)
- Gently stir the dry into the wet together nicely.
- Pour into baking dish. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes and test they are done with a toothpick. Let cool completely. Cut and store in the fridge or freezer. I got 9 bars