Taking advantage of all things Summer and grilling whatever I can! What is easier than piling all your ingredients into a foil packet and grilling? That’s exactly what this recipe is! To make it even easier all you need is the delicious Lemon Artichoke Pesto from The Gracious Gourmet (who is a CT women-owned small business!) I was lucky to snag this bottle of goodness from my local Patricia & Paul store to create this delicious recipe. If you are in the area be sure to check them out – they carry an artisanal line of olive oils and balsamic, along with local food products and really cute houseware gifts that you may just buy for yourself and then gift to others LOL!
Ingredients to create your foil bake
First, you start with getting your hands on a jar of this tasty lemon artichoke pesto. Not only will you use it in this recipe but you will find many other ways to enjoy it! Shrimp, I use Trader Joe’s wild Argentinian frozen shrimp already peeled and deveined for you. Corn on the cob because well it’s Summer! (I found mini ones frozen in Whole Foods for convenience). Mini potatoes, cut in half and par-boiled beforehand, and sliced zucchini from my garden. With this recipe, you can swap the ingredients to your liking. Maybe mushrooms, peppers, squash, or another fish? So many possibilities!
Next, after the shrimp defrosted I added a few spoonfuls of the lemon artichoke pesto to let it marinate for about 30 minutes. I did this while the potatoes were boiling to soften up a bit. Once the potatoes were done and cooled I also added the pesto to coat them nicely and threw in the sliced zucchini, too. Then, with the corn on the cob, I brushed them with butter olive oil from Patricia & Paul, salt & pepper. Feel free to brush them with the pesto, but I didn’t want it to overpower the dish for me.
Putting it all together
Grab your foil and pull out 4 large pieces and spray each of them with avocado oil (or whatever spray you have on hand) Then you start to assemble adding evenly shrimp, potatoes, zucchini, and 1 small corn on the cob. Keep everything towards the middle so you can create a little purse around them and seal tightly to keep the steam inside while cooking. Then place on a hot grill for about 10-12 minutes, take a peek inside to make sure the shrimp looked opaque and cooked. Remove from the grill and let them sit for a few minutes before you dig in!
I hope you find this dish as tasty as I did! The Lemon Artichoke Pesto elevates the recipe to a new taste bud experience!
Lemon Artichoke Shrimp Foil Bake
- 2 cups shrimp, defrosted or fresh
- 2 cups mini potatoes, sliced in half
- 1 small zucchini sliced
- 4 mini corn on cobs option to cut 2 large in half
- 4 tbs Lemon Artichoke Pesto, divided
- 1 tbs olive oil (for corn, optional) Patricia & Paul Butter Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 pieces of large foil
- Add shrimp to large bowl with 2 tbs of pesto, toss well and let sit for 30 minutes
- Cook sliced potatoes for 20 minutes to soften
- Once potatoes are cooled, add to a large bowl with remaining 2 tbs pesto. Add in zucchini and toss to coat well with pesto.
- Brush olive oil onto each corn and sprinkle with salt & pepper
- Spray each peice of foil with non-stick spray. Evenly distribute shrimp, potatoes, zucchini and corn into each foil packet. Fold all sides to create a sealed purse.
- Place on a hot grill for 10-12 minutes. Check the shrimp is cooked through. Let rest for a few minutes, open carefully and enjoy!