Yup you read it right – up at 5am on a Sunday so why not bake and create?! My breakfast go to is a yogurt bowl which I like to layer with some sort of oatmeal muffin or breakfast bar. I was able to use up some brown bananas (which I have on purpose every week lol!) and created this blueberry oatmeal bake!
Trader Joe’s Old Fashioned Oats are a staple in my pantry (which are gluten free too) along with blueberries were my go to but feel free to swap any fruit you like. Walnuts I always have on hand but any nut will do or keep them out if allergies. For a little protein boost I added in Collagen powder from Vital Farms.
Super universal where you can swap ingredients to your taste. Yes! I added in chocolate chips too – totally optional but highly recommended! I was able to get 12 bars so I froze half for my breakfast next week.
Did you try this recipe? Be sure to share with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest when you make yours! I love to see your creations! Check out my homepage for more simple healthy recipes!
Blueberry Oatmeal Bake
- 2 cups old fashioned oats soaked in water
- 2 ripen bananas
- 1 Flax Egg 1 tbs oats 2 tbs water, mix & let gel
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 scoops Vital Protein Collagen
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Mash bananas in bowl, add in flax egg, syrup and vital proteins. Add in oatmeal and mix well.
- Add all other ingredients and stir again to combine well.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 pan. Cook at 375F for 30-35 minutes until cooked through.
- Cool and cut into bars. Freeze for later consumption. Otherwise keep in fridge for 3-4 days.