Yes, you read that right, cinnamon, and salmon. An unlikely combo but oh so yummy! I like to have salmon once a week for its health benefits of Omega 3&6’s & honestly I love the buttery taste! I prefer farm-raised that is ethically sourced – yes wild is better but I enjoy the buttery taste of farm-raised & sometimes you just gotta go with what you like, right?
Trader Joe’s mustard aioli is delish and love coating the top of the salmon with this. It works as a nice sticking point for the cinnamon rub. You can totally leave it out but it brings this dish to a whole other flavor level. For the rub, I used cinnamon, smoked paprika, & crushed walnuts to layer on top.
I chose to pan fry first in my cast iron skillet then finished them off in the oven with a quick broil at the end to make it extra crispy on top. Seriously the easiest meal! Next time I might try the air fryer – less mess and half the time to cook!
If you try this recipe be sure to share with me and tag me on on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest when you do! I love to see your creations! Check out my homepage for more simple healthy recipes!
Cinnamon Rub Salmon
- 2 pieces Salmon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (pulse in mixer)
- 2 tsp mustard aioli (divided)
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Preheat oven to 400f
- Spread each salmon with 1tsp each of mustard
- Mix together cinnamon, smoked paprika and crushed walnuts. Then sprinkle over mustard topped salmon
- Add avocado oil to cast iron skillet to heat up. Lay both pieces of salmon skin side down and cook 7-10 minutes until browned on bottom
- Add to baking sheet and cook in oven until cooked through. 10-12 minutes depending on the thickness of your salmon pieces.
- Let them rest a few minutes after baking then enjoy!