Yes, you read that right, cinnamon, and salmon. An unlikely combo but oh so yummy! I like to have salmon once a week for its health benefits of Omega 3&6’s & honestly I love the buttery taste! I prefer farm-raised that is ethically sourced – yes wild is better but I enjoy the buttery taste of farm-raised & sometimes you just gotta go with what you like, right?
Trader Joe’s mustard aioli is delish and love coating the top of the salmon with this. It works as a nice sticking point for the cinnamon rub. You can totally leave it out but it brings this dish to a whole other flavor level. For the rub, I used cinnamon, smoked paprika, & crushed walnuts to layer on top.
I chose to pan fry first in my cast iron skillet then finished them off in the oven with a quick broil at the end to make it extra crispy on top. Seriously the easiest meal! Next time I might try the air fryer – less mess and half the time to cook!
Cinnamon Rub Salmon
- 2 pieces Salmon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (pulse in mixer)
- 2 tsp mustard aioli (divided)
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Preheat oven to 400f
- Spread each salmon with 1tsp each of mustard
- Mix together cinnamon, smoked paprika and crushed walnuts. Then sprinkle over mustard topped salmon
- Add avocado oil to cast iron skillet to heat up. Lay both pieces of salmon skin side down and cook 7-10 minutes until browned on bottom
- Add to baking sheet and cook in oven until cooked through. 10-12 minutes depending on the thickness of your salmon pieces.
- Let them rest a few minutes after baking then enjoy!