I have a slight coffee obsession lately, iced coffee to be exact. For a minute I stayed clear of coffee and became a tea drinker. Don’t get me wrong I still enjoy tea but over the Summer months, something about a refreshing iced coffee after my hot yoga sessions was just so refreshing!
Fast forward to the Fall and Winter months and the obsession continues! However, a bit easier on my wallet as I have invested in a coffee brewer for my home! You can check out the one I got here! It is also available to check out in my Shop My Faves Tab!
All that is needed for this recipe are 3 ripe bananas, strong coffee of choice plus some coffee grinds, whole wheat flour, coconut oil, egg, and plain yogurt (I prefer Siggi’s for its thickness). There is a touch of sugar but I opted to use coconut sugar. You will need a loaf pan as well. Possibility for muffins but I haven’t tried that yet!
Since no one else in my house enjoys coffee like me, I was able to wrap some slices and freeze them to enjoy at a later date. I like to enjoy my bread with yogurt and fruit or heated up with butter and a cup of cold brew. Either way – it’s really is a delicious treat!
Did you try this recipe? Be sure to share with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest when you make yours! I love to see your creations! Check out my homepage for more simple healthy recipes!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Coffee Infused Banana Bread
- 9" x 5" Loaf Pan
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz strong brewed coffee
- 1 tsp coffee grinds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil (or melted butter)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350f and grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan
- Mash bananas in large bowl. Add egg, yogurt, brewed coffee, vanilla extract and mix weel together. Then add in coffee grinds.
- Next add in melted coconut oil and mix in coconut sugar to combine well.
- Mix flour, baking soda & salt together in small bowl then add to wet ingredients, mix well.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan. Bake 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool, slice and enjoy!
- Keep in fridge for a few days, heat up to enjoy or freeze slices!