I admit it, I like to meal prep. It keeps me focused on my health & fitness goals plus cooking to me is therapeutic. Food shopping, reading labels and creating new and delicious recipes is my jam! (food geek! lol!) Every week I take the time to think of what will be my lunch that week (along with dinner for the family) Salads & soups are my go-to but this week I was craving a wrap!
While I am still working on mastering the art of rolling a wrap, these vegan chickpea wraps held up pretty well with all the goodies I added in! We are looking at mashed chickpeas, chopped apples, dried cherries, pecans or walnuts and let’s not forget the veggies! Chopped carrots. onions and celery.
Meal Prep Tip:
Look for the precut mirepoix blend – then all you have to do is open and add to the mixture!
Tahini is Dreamy!
While most traditional salad recipes call for mayo we are going with a sweet tahini dressing to compliment the fruitiness in here. All you need for the tahini dressing is;
Tahini (duh! lol!)
Garlic Powder, S&P
Spinach leaves were added to the wrap before filling it with the goodness you are about to experience. This makes a big batch so feel free to share or not and enjoy it all week! I paired my wrap with roasted purple potatoes.
You can totally skip the wrap and have the salad over mixed greens or as a snack with crackers (I love Simple Mills) Feel free to mix up the fruit maybe try pears with raisins or another nut instead pecans or walnuts. Have fun with it!
Did you try this recipe? Be sure to share with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest when you make yours! I love to see your creations! Check out my homepage for more simple healthy recipes!
recipe adapted from www.ambitiouskitchen.com
Vegan Chickpea Wrap
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 small diced apples (tart the better)
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 small container chopped mirepoix (about 5 oz)
- 3 tbs Tahini dressing (I like Trader Joes)
- 2 tbs Pure maple syrup (honey if not vegan)
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Honey Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt & Pepper (each)
- Warm water as needed to thin out
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. I left mine out on a towel to dry a little.
- Add chickpeas to a large bowl and mash with a fork. Can leave clumps for texture.
- Add in apples, pecans, mirepoix blend and mix well.
- In a separate bowl or mason jar combine tahini ingredients and mix well.
- Pour tahini dressing over chickpea mixture and combine well.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge and make wraps as needed or make the wraps ahead of time and keep in the fridge for grab and go!