I love granola and bought it often before realizing how easy it is to make your own! So, of course, I had to experiment and add pumpkin to it during this time of year!
I love using Bob’s Red Mill Old Fashioned Gluten-Free Oats and stock up often. It can be used for so many recipes like my Vegan Carrot Energy Bites, Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies, or my Fruity Oatmeal Bars.
This recipe is versatile too so switch up and add whatever nuts, dried fruit or seeds you like! I went with walnuts, dried cranberries, flax meal, and pumpkin seeds.
The main takeaway is to LET IT COOL! This way it gets that granola crunch to it. Then it can hold up in cereal with berries for a great breakfast treat! Right now I am enjoying it in over yogurt and basically by the handful when I open the pantry and see it staring at me! I like to keep mine in a big mason jar to retain its crunch. Let’s just say I have a slight obsession with mason jars and use them for everything!
You can double the recipe and give it away to friends & family as a small gift. What’s better than a homemade gift? Be sure to share with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest when you make your batch! I love to see your creations! Check out my homepage for more simple healthy recipes!
Healthy Pumpkin Granola
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Flaxmeal
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 cup Crushed Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice (More is Desired)
- 1 tsp Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Spread oats on a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Toast for 10-12 minutes, mixing halfway through
- Pour oats into a large bowl add flax meal, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, and dried cranberries
- In a separate bowl mix pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla, oil, salt, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon
- Pour wet ingredients over oats and combine well. Spread mixture back into baking pan. Lower oven to 300F and cook for an additional 20 minutes. Check not to burn!
- Let completely cool! Store in a mason jar and enjoy!