I have several energy bite recipes on my blog such as Pumpkin Energy Bites, My Fit Life Energy Balls, Brownie Bliss Balls, or Chocolate Energy Balls just to name a few! But hands down these are the most requested recipe! Especially in my circuits class! Can you believe that when I email my class the night before and if carrot balls (this is what they call them! LOL!) are listed as the treat, my class size almost doubles! I love my class!
I can’t take all the credit for this creation though, I did find the original recipe with food blogger, Pinch of Yum and made just a few tweaks but either recipe is tasty! The best part is that this batch makes A LOT, so freeze a bunch to enjoy at a later date or be a kind soul and share these delish bites with friends and family!
Of course, the recipe is simple with minimal ingredients and all go in a food processor for easy cleanup! I love that carrots are snuck in so you get a veggie boost and your taste buds think you are eating carrot cake! Now that’s a winning situation!
When you make your own batch and win over friends and co-workers be sure to tag me and let me know over on Instagram, Facebook and Pin away!
Vegan Carrot Energy Bites
- 1 medium carrot peeled & chopped
- 1/2 cup natural or organic peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups old fashion oats I used GF
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp flax meal
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Place peeled and chopped carrot pieces in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Remove carrots. Add oats and coconut to blend until chopped finely.
- Add in remaining ingredients including carrots and blend until a thick dough forms. You may need to push down the sides and blend more.
- Put in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up a bit. Roll into bite-size balls. Keep in the fridge for 5-7 days or freeze.