Yup, just what the title says shrimp & veggies and doesn’t get much easier than this! I know during the week can get hectic with work, school, sports, clubs, life! But we still want to give our families (and ourselves!) a balanced and healthy meal, right? That is exactly where this dish was created from. I like to stock up on frozen shrimp and veggies to make weeknights a little bit easier and stress free. Yup, I said frozen! There is nothing wrong with frozen. Veggies are picked at their peak right before freezing them. Just check the ingredients that there is nothing else added like sauces or other non-descriptive ingredients.
Shrimp & Veggies
- 1 lb large shrimp frozen or fresh, peeled and deveined, if frozen thaw per directions
- 1 red onion sliced in strips
- 1 lb asparagus fresh or frozen - tough parts removed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes - sliced in half
- 1 bag cauliflower rice
- Fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup quality olive oil
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Balsamic glaze optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in small bowl. (I just kept it all in my measuring cup for easy pouring)
- Line baking sheet with foil, sprayed liberally. Add vegetables and 1/2 of the dressing. Mix well to cover all veggies.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes, checking halfway.
- Meanwhile add remaining dressing to pan and cook shrimp until no longer pink.
- Add cauliflower rice until cooked through.
- Once veggies are done add to pan with shrimp and mix well to combine.
- Option to cover and let simmer a few minutes.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over everything, sprinkle with fresh parsley and enjoy!