Yes, most of my recipes include oats. They are easy to bake with, versatile, and affordable. Trader Joe’s has a big bag of GF old-fashioned oats for about $6 and it lasts! All the other ingredients you probably have on hand already, especially if you bake often. These are great on their own as a snack (I like to top mine with PB) or in a yogurt bowl with fruit.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Bake (Vegan)
- 2 cups rolled Oats (GF I necessary)f
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 flax egg (1 tbs flax & 2-3 tbs water)
- 1/4 cup vegan protein powder (I used Vital Proteins Chocolate Collagen Powder)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumkin spice (I just sprinkle It I)n
- 1/2 cup choclate chips or just sprinkle away on top!
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Grease a 9"x13" pan well
- In a large bowl, add the rolled oats and the boiling water. Let sit for 10 minutes for the oats to absorb.
- Mix in pumpkin, flas egg, syrup, protein powder & milk to combine well.
- Next stir in the rest of the ingredients then pour into greased pan.
- Top with chocolate chips and sprinkle with a bit more pumpkin spice (optional)
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. Let cool. Cut. Enjoy
- Can wrap individually and freeze for 3 months. Or keep in fridge for 5 days.