With the cooler months ahead, our bodies crave warming and comforting foods. Listen to your body, it’s kinda smart! So that is what I did when I brought this older recipe back to life to make one night for dinner. While I have been mainly plant-based for years, lately my body craves animal protein and I choose not to fight it. I feel well when I eat it, so I add it back in once in a while when my body tells me.
This turkey meatloaf recipe is simple. Not many ingredients are needed and I absolutely love the topping that I add to it – it bakes in and creates a yummy glazed topping. The secret sauce is just ketchup & Worchester sauce mixed together and spread over the top. I also add this into the meatloaf. Totally optional but I must say it kicks up the flavor a notch!
Ingredients you will need;
1 package organic turkey meatloaf
1 small onion
2 cups fresh spinach
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
1/4 cup bread crumbs
salt & pepper
Ketchup & Worchester sauce
You can swap the veggies for others or leave them out but I like to add them in whenever I can and boost up the nutritional value. Another option is to make them into cupcakes. Cute idea and they are easy to freeze this way. Whip up up your fave sides and voila dinner is done!
Unbelievable Moist Turkey Meatloaf
- 1 Package Organic Turkey Meatloaf
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 2 cups Fresh Spinach
- 1 tbsp Chopped Garlic (I like my garlic!)
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Ketchup (divided)
- 2 tbsp Worchester sauce (divided)
- 1 tsp Salt (more/less to liking)
- 1 tsp Pepper (more/less to liking)
- Preheat oven to 375f (I go with 400 but everyones oven is different)
- Grease a loaf pan
- Heat oilive oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook a few minutes, then add in garlic and mushrooms and cook a few minutes more. Last add in spinach to wilt. Add in salt & pepper. Remove from heat and let cool a little.
- In a large bowl, add in turkey meat, egg, 1 tbsp ketchup & worchester sauce & breadcrumbs. Once veggie mixture is not so hot add to bowl and mix well.
- Add mixture to pan and even out. Top with remainng ketchup and worchester sauce, spread evenly on top.
- Bake in oven 30-40 minutes. Check if done with a toothpick. Let cool, slice and enjoy!