On my quest to make my own tasty veggie burger I came across Ancient Harvest products. Their quinoa I find cooks up super fast and fluffy! Always looking to add more plant proteins and fiber to our diets and this ‘burger’ does just that!
Added in sun-dried tomatoes, feta, and fresh herbs from my garden. Feel free to try other mix in’s like roasted peppers or spinach. So much potential here! We have a few diet restrictions in the house but this burger met all of them (except for my son who has no restrictions lol!) Plant-based and gluten-free (could be made vegan with a swap of vegan cheese)
I went with my air fryer to cook them but in the oven, grill or stovetop will work too! Get creative with your toppings and enjoy! Can be frozen too!
Thank you Ancient Harvest for sharing your healthy & delicious products to create this yummy veggie burger!
Quinoa & Chickpea Burger
- 1/2 cup uncooked Ancient Harvest Quiona
- 1/3 cup chopped sundried tomatoes (oil drained)
- 1 can chickpeas (drained)
- 1 cup GF flour or oat flour
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tbsp chopped parsely
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa in 1 cup water until water is absorbed and looks fluffy.
- In a food processor add quinoa, chickpeas, GF flour, S&P, garlic, oregano and pulse a few times then add in egg, blend well.
- Fold in feta, sun dried tomatoes, parsley & basil. Combine well.
- Form burgers into 6 patties.
- If using Air Fryer, cook at 400F for 10 minutes.
- Serve how you wish! Can be kept in the fridge for a few days or frozen for 2 months.