Can you tell muffins are one of my fav foods to make?! I have several recipes on the blog for muffins (Superfood Chocolate Muffins, Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Muffins or Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins) and I don’t see myself stopping anytime soon! LOL! I mean they are basically a naked cupcake! My latest obsession is adding them to my Siggis yogurt bowl with different yummy toppings. When breakfast can be a dessert you know it’s going to be a GREAT day!
I found the inspiration for this recipe scrolling through IG when another food blogger posted muffins for meal prep – GENIUS! Knowing that there is a batch of these ready to go every day will ensure my breakfast happiness I thought! Plus I was able to share them with my 5:45am circuits class since the batch made sooo many! Yes, if you come to my class I will feed you for your hard work!
Like my other recipes, I always like to sneak in superfoods like hemp seeds, flax meal or chia seeds for that added boost of protein, omega 3’s and energy! You never taste them so why not?! Additionally, there is almond butter (feel free to sub any nut butter or sunflower butter), bananas (duh, of course!) almond flour, eggs (have not tried flax), crushed walnuts (leave out if nut allergy) and vanilla for a touch of sweetness.
Love how these are mini and poppable! Great for on the go snacking, kids lunchboxes, adults lunchboxes and freezer friendly so make a big batch and have back up in case of an emergency! Want to make them into full-size muffins? Go right ahead! If you have the chance, heat them up before eating – they taste even more amazing – if that is possible!
Let me know if you make a batch and share with me on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest so I can see! I love when you share with me!
Banana Bread Bites
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cups almond butter all natural or organic
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp chia seeds hemp or flax meal
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400f and line a mini muffin tin (spray liners to ensure they don't stick)
- In a large bowl mash the bananas and then add the remaining wet ingredients. Mix well by hand.
- Add in the dry ingredients and combine well. (there may be some banana clumps, that's ok)
- Pour batter evenly into baking cups. Bake for about 15 minutes and let cool before removing.
- Tip: add more crushed walnuts on top before baking or chocolate chips!