I have seen various recipes for ‘bean’ brownies and I was always skeptical. Not a huge fan of beans to begin with so these really didn’t interest me. I mean if I am going to have a brownie, then I am going to have my GF Brownies! I do enjoy chickpeas so when I kept seeing recipes for chickpea blondies, I decided to give it a try!
I was pleasantly surprised at how yummy these turned out to be! They were thick and moist and the chocolate chips were a great addition! Do they taste like regular blondies? Not quite, but they are pretty darn close! Even my daughter enjoyed them and that’s surprising!
They taste best when they first come out of the oven. Warm and gooey and this is when they most resemble a brownie-like taste. All you need to make and enjoy these at your home are;
2 cans chickpeas (if you have the time & patience, peel off the outer shell for a less gritty taste. I didn’t and they were still yum!
1 cup natural almond or peanut butter
Baking soda & powder
Chocolate chips (as few or many you wish!)
Super simple ingredients that are cost effective too! I cut them small so I got about 16. Wrapped them individually and put half in the fridge and half in the freezer for later enjoyment! Just heat and eat!
If you make them be sure to share with me over on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest! I love seeing what you are up to!
Want more healthy recipes, be sure to subscribe back on my home page!
Healthy Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies
- 2 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup natural almond or peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips more if desired
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350f. Spray an 8x8 inch pan.
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl or food processor (you can add half of the chocolate chips now to blend togetheBlend until well combined.
- Spread batter evenly into well-greased pan and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips (feel free to add more or even add walnuts!)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before diving in!
- Cut into your desired sizes. Store in fridge for a few days or freezer for about 1-2 months.
- Taste best when reheated!