Ever have those days when you are always on the go and you think you will make it with no food and then BANG hunger strikes?! That’s me most weekends when I am running around trying to get all my errands in that I can’t get to during the week, I know I can’t be alone in this right?!
Yes, there are some grab and go snacks that I keep on hand like apples, clementines, mixed nuts, or My Fit Life Energy Bites. And I do frequent with store brands such as Lara Bars and The Perfect Bar but I do love to recreate my own! That is where this recipe came into action.
I have researched many homemade granola bars so these are a mixture of my findings based on what I like! Isn’t that how recipes are created, based off of what we like?! Mixed nuts, almond butter, dried fruit, hemp seeds, honey, and chocolate chips are the main ingredients here and they came out delish! My son has been snacking on these after school every day! I may need to make more (or hide them LOL!)
Oh and the best part…NO BAKING! Just mix everything together and then press down into a pan with parchment paper and freeze for about 30 minutes. Cut into individual size bars (or whatever size you want) and keep them stored in the fridge. I individually wrapped mine so they are easy for grab and go days. Plus they are freezer friendly. I like to take mine from the freezer on days that they will be carried around for a while as they get soft from the natural almond butter & coconut oils.
The best part is that you can cater these to your liking. Switch up the nuts that you use, different nut butter, dried fruit…endless possibilities!
Be sure to tag me on Instagram, Facebook or share on Pinterest if you made these! I love to see what you are up to! Be sure to sure to use #myfitlife so I can find you! Want more recipes like this…be sure to visit my homepage!
Healthy Granola Bars
- 3 cups of mixed nuts walnuts, pecans, cashews, etc....
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup almond butter or other nut butter you desire
- 2 tbsp coconut oil reduce to 1 if nut butter is oily
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 5 pitted dates softened in warm water for a few minutes
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tbs dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips I use Enjoy Life
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper and spray lightly.
- Add honey, oil, almond butter, and vanilla to a medium saucepan and heat over medium flame until boiling - then lower and let simmer. Be sure not to burn!
- Place mixed nuts and dates in a food processor and process until mixture is coarse (may need to stop and scrape sideAdd in coconut flakes and pulse a little more.
- Remove mixture from pot and add nut mixture. Stir well to combine then add in raisins, cherries, hemp seeds, and chocolate chips. Pour mixture in baking dish and press down well to even out.
- Place in freezer for a few hours. Remove from freezer and lift out of the pan. Cut into bars-you should get 1Individually wrap and freeze or keep in the fridge.