I have recently become obsessed with my Air Fryer and am always looking for new recipes to experiment with. Mainly recipes to recreate for my kids to enjoy. They love their tater tots and I often see veggie versions now but some of the added ingredients make me cringe. So I decided to make my own!
I promise these are simple and taste so good! I had my daughter test one out of the air fryer and she was pleasantly surprised! As was I!! I will say that she is opening up to more of my recipes lately. It takes time but don’t give up parents of picky eaters!
To keep these simple, I used frozen cauliflower (please make sure that the only ingredient on the bag is cauliflower if salt is added that is ok but nothing else!) I usually get mine at Trader Joes or Whole Foods but most food stores carry it now.
Steam the bag in the microwave as per directions and let it cool. Your only other ingredients to add are;
1 egg beaten
1/4 cup breadcrumbs (almond flour, panko crumbs or GF are fine)
Shredded cheddar cheese (I used Organic Valley)
Onion powder, Garlic powder, and Parsley
Salt & Pepper
That’s it! Once everything is mixed well shape into bite-size tater tots or you can make them bigger in mini patties or really whatever shape you want!
Preheat the Air Fryer at 370f for 5 minutes. I sprayed the bottom part first before preheating. Place as many as you can without touching, fry for 10 minutes at 370f in batches until all done. As you can see the crispiness is real! It was hard not to pop them all in my mouth in one seating! Yes, these are that good! I went with marinara sauce for the dip but I am thinking of an avocado greek yogurt dip for next time!
Do they taste like the original tater tot?! Not really. But they are a great alternative with little to no carbs and a great way to sneak those veggies in! Plus they taste delish! I made a big batch to keep in the fridge to add as a side dish for dinner or breakfast or snack this week. Really anytime is a good time to enjoy a few of these bad boys!
Don’t have an Air Fryer. Just bake them in the oven at 400f for about 30 minutes and you can broil at the end to crisp them up. Option to pan fry them in a little oil too.
Did you try this recipe out?! Oh, I want to see! Be sure to share with me on Instagram or Facebook pretty please! Love this recipe and want more? Be sure to subscribe back on my Homepage!
Air Fryer Cauliflower Bites
- 1 package frozen cauliflower rice
- 1.5-2 cups shredded cheese depending on how much cheese you like
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Heat cauliflower rice according to package directions. (I used the microwave)
- While cauliflower is cooling, beat egg in a large bowl then add in remaining ingredients, cooled cauliflower and mix well
- Form into bite-size pieces (your preference on shape and size)
- Put in air fryer at 370f for 10 minutes each batch.
- Serve with marinara sauce or other fav dips!
- Can be stored in the fridge for a few days.
- *option to bake in oven at 400 for about 30-35 minutes. Broil at the end for a bit of crispiness.