A few of my fav nut butters are Trader Joes almond butter, TJ nut butter (which has a combo of nuts, no peanuts), Georgia Grinders, Wild Friends and for this recipe I used TJ’s peanut butter with flax & chia seeds. Great way to get added fiber and plant protein and it is so creamy and delish! Do you see the gooeyness above?!
Another great staple from Trader Joe’s that I always have on hand is their gluten free old fashioned rolled oats. You get a large bag at an affordable price and oats are so versatile too! I have recipes with My Fit Life Energy Bites, great for overnight oats in a jar, or hot oatmeal, Banana Oatmeal Pancakes, etc….
Along with the oats I added in honey for a touch a sweetness, cinnamon, and chocolate chips, because everything is better with chocolate, right? You can also try cacao nibs, crushed walnuts or coconut flakes too! For an added protein and collagen boost, 2 scoops of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides went in as well.
I love this stuff as it has no taste and my hair and nails have never grown so fast before! Did you know that by your mid-20’s your collagen starts to decline and does not replenish?! The jury is still out on how effective these collagen powders are but for now, I’m on the collagen train!
Back to the recipe, to put this tasty recipe together all you need to do is combine the PB (or whatever nut butter you choose), honey and coconut oil in a bowl and heat up until melted but not boiling. Then add in the remaining ingredients, press into an 8×8 pan and pop in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Cut them into bars and enjoy! I individually wrapped them so they were easy for grab and go. Plus I froze some to enjoy later!
That’s it! Another no bake no fuss protein snack. Way better than store bought! When you make these be sure to share with me on Instagram or Facebook! I love to see what you are up to!
No Bake Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats Gluten Free
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen or 2 scoops protein powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips more if desired
- Spray an 8x8 baking pan with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Add the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil in a medium bowl. Heat up in the microwave in 20-second increments until melted but not boiling.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the peanut butter mixture and mix until combined well. The chocolate chips may melt a bit but its just as good!
- Press mixture down into pan evenly. Pop into the freezer for about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Cut into squares and enjoy. I individually wrapped them in plastic and even froze some. Keep in the fridge as they will melt a little at room temperature.