A staple breakfast is often eggs and sausage, right?! Now while I don’t personally eat sausage, turkey patties like this maple blueberry one I can get down with!
I personally love my eggs in the morning and have them throughout the week. Now, I don’t get to enjoy them cooking over a hot stove into a perfect veggie omelet often, its more like everything is ready to go in a soup cup and I heat it up at work kind of breakfast, but it works!
I usually add in Hilary’s Plant-Based sausage which is delish so when I saw a fellow blogger (Ambitious Kitchen) share this recipe, I knew I had to recreate it for myself!
There is the sweet or spicy way to go. I love both & this recipe has just that! It really gives it a great balance between the 2 and I couldn’t be happier with how they turned out.
The sweetness of the fresh blueberries (could go with frozen) and pure maple syrup is balanced nicely with the spices of ginger, cumin, cayenne pepper, and paprika. I swear these spices have been my go-to lately!
Add coconut oil to your pan and let them simmer on both sides. Watch how the tops caramelize nicely and the blueberries start to burst with flavor! I used my cast iron pan and just look at how beautiful they turned out!
Option to bake them and broil for a few minutes in the end too. I have not tried this yet but totally an option. I may even try my air fryer next time – stay tuned for that one!
Be sure to comment below or share with me on Instagram if you give them a go! I love to see your recreations!
If you want more healthy recipes delivered right to your inbox be sure to check my homepage and subscribe! It would make me smile!
Maple Blueberry Turkey Patties
- 1 pound lean ground turkey organic if possible
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup blueberries if large, cut in half
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Sprinkle of salt & pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil for pan
- Add turkey meat to a large bowl along with all the other ingredients (except the blueberries for nomix well (use hands if needed!)
- Fold in the blueberries and mix well until all combined. Make 8 patties and set aside.
- Add coconut oil to preheated pan over medium heat. Place patties in with enough room around them to cook evenly. I cooked 4 at a time.
- Cook 5-8 minutes each side. Cool and enjoy!
- Tip: I individually froze half the batch, wrapping each first then placing them in a ziplock back for later enjoyment.