Super-Food Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup GF flour
- 1/4 cup GF oat flour put oats in a blender to blend into a fine powder
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- sprinkle sea salt
- 1 Tbsp flax meal or seeds
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375f. Grease a muffin tin or use liners
- In a large bowl add eggs, applesauce, maple syrup, coconut sugar,
- baking soda & powder, and sea salt. Whisk well. Then add in coconut oil & almond milk.
- Add cocoa powder, GF flour, oat flour, almond flour, flax and hemp seeds and whisk until blended well.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter evenly among muffin tins. I filled them 3/4 up. Add more chips if desired.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy! Will keep in the fridge for a few days or individually freeze.
This batch made about 10 muffins. I froze most of them so we can switch up her snacks throughout the week. These are super yummy right out of the oven with a dab of nut butter or grass-fed butter too! I am thinking of adding them to my yogurt bowls too! So many possibilities with these superfood muffins! Feel free to play around and add your own mix-ins. This is just one of the many more back to school snacks I will be taste testing this month! Keep an eye out for more to come that you can share with your kiddos – or for yourself too!
Also, check out my Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins if you like bananas! These are GF too!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram when you give them a try!! Love seeing what you are up to! It makes me smile! Happy Snacking!