Patience is needed with these in the blender to form a nice paste so grab a spatula and keep scraping down the sides. Once the paste is formed press the mix into an 8×8 pan and refrigerate for at least an hour to firm up. BUT…before doing that I decided to grab my peanut butter Cocoa Bar in a Jar and drizzle it on top! Now that’s genius! Then I refrigerated everything and it created a hard chocolate shell on top – Yum!
I have been creating recipes with Cocoa Bar in a Jar for a few months now and they have a special code just for my readers too! CHERISE10 and get 10% off your own jar! Trust me, you want to check them out! Here are the other recipes you can make too….
Healthy Thin Mint Bars
Healthy Peanut Butter Cups
Dreamy Tahini PB Cups
I was able to get 9 bars that I individually wrapped and kept in the fridge to snack on all week. They are soft so caution when eating but they are really good! I am thinking to roll them into balls for quick back to school snacks when September rolls around! Stay Tuned!
As always be sure to tag me on Instagram or use the #cheriseeats so I can see your creations!
Grain-Free Fruit & Nut Bars
- 3/4 cup dried apricots no sugar added
- 3/4 cup dried cherries no sugar added
- 1.5 cups fav nuts I used cashews, almonds, pistachios, pecans
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor reserving 1/2 cup of the nuts.
- Once it becomes thick and pasty, add in the remaining nuts and blend until slightly broken down (leave some chunks for texture)
- Press mix into the pan and then drizzle with Cocoa Bar in a Jar. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Cut into 9 squares. Keep leftovers in fridge or freezer.