That’s the beauty of one-pot meals & cooking you can cater the recipe to your liking or with what you have on hand! Explore with other ingredients that you normally may not use. You may find a new one that you surprisingly enjoy!
You know I love connecting with you so if you make this chili be sure to let me know on Instagram or Facebook and tag me, it makes me smile!
If you like this recipe and would like more delivered to your inbox be sure to subscribe back on my home page!
Turkey Chili w/ Squash
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 yellow onion 2 celery stalks, 4 carrots chopped or 14oz Mirepoix mix
- 3 fresh garlic cloves; minced
- 1 lb. ground turkey or grass-fed beef
- 3 cups raw butternut squash peeled & diced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans or any other bean
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cayenne or chili powder if desired
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onion, celery & carrots until soft. Add crumbled turkey and cook until brown, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add in remaining ingredients and stir. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 30 minutes until the squash is soft.
- Adjust seasonings to your taste. Top with your fav toppings such as avocado or sour cream is desired.