I have updated the pics recently as my daughter and her friend chose to use this recipe for a project in their health class. They recreated the whole meal themselves and I must say the updated pics are awesome! They used organic ground turkey meat to keep it lean and frozen peppers to keep it easy! Plus this is a one pot meal so super easy for weeknights.
They added a scoop of salsa to finish it off! Super proud mom moment to see my daughter and her friends recreate my meals! I think they deserve an A!!
Taco Tuesday-Avocado Style!
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 2 limes for juice
- 1 lb. ground meat of choice I used organic turkey
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced or frozen bag blend to save time
- Seasoning for Tacos:
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Combine spices together. You can adjust seasonings to your taste
- Halve avocados and brush with lime juice and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Brown meat with onions and pepper in skillet over medium heat.
- Cook until liquid is absorbed or drain well.
- Add seasoning and taste test to liking.
- Simmer to let the flavors marry and be happy.
- Scoop the meat into the avocados.
- Toppings to choose from:
- -fresh salsa
- -organic/grass fed cheese
- -dollop of sour cream or greek yogurt
- -fresh cilantro