Yup it is chicken soup weather here in Jersey! Cold, snowy and wet! Not my favorite but I do love making a big batch of chicken soup to have on hand for lunch, dinner and to freeze for a quick meal another day. You always hear that chicken soup heals the soul and it is so true! There are many healing properties in the chicken stock. I personally used bone broth in this batch and it was so tasty! When picking a stock make sure you check the sodium count on it as many of them can have some in the hundreds! Eek! Opt for low sodium and organic whenever possible. Broth is pretty cheap too. I usually get the store brand that is low sodium and organic.
Chicken Zoodle Soup!
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast cut up into bite sized pieces
- 1 zucchini spiralized
- 1 carrot spiralized
- 2 tsp salt pepper & thyme
- 2-3 bay leaves
- Pinch red pepper flakes optional
- 1 Grab a non stick pot over medium-high heat, add celery, onions and garlic sauté for 3-5 minutes
- 2 Add in broth and seasonings
- 3 Bring to a simmer
- 4 Add in cut up chicken breast
- 5 Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes
- 6 Add in zoodled zucchini & carrots (you can cut then shorter)
- 7 Simmer for 10 minutes
- 8 Enjoy!!!