I do love me a veggie burger but some are loaded with soy and other ingredients that I just do not like. There is a brand called Hilary’s that I do enjoy that has readable ingredients and come in a few flavors that are soy free and dairy free. But sometimes I just like to make my own and this way I have a batch to eat for lunch or can freeze for later eating!
|Ingredients Ready to go!|
Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- ½ red onion chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup Bob's Red Mill Hulled Hemp Seed Hearts
- 2 tbs chia seeds or additional hemp seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1¼ tsp cumin
- ¾ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 (15ocan black beans rinsed
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 Preheat oven 350 degrees
- 2 Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- 3 Place chopped red pepper and onion in food processor and blend until minced.
- 4 Transfer to mixing bowl.
- 5 Add almonds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, (chia or additional hemp seedgarlic, salt, cumin, chili powder, and smoked paprika to processor and blend well. Transfer to mixing bowl.
- 6 Add black beans, oats and 2 tbs water to processor and blend until beans are chunky and smooth.
- 7 Transfer to mixing bowl and mix together well.
- 8 Shape into 6 patties and place on baking sheet.
- 9 Bake for 20 minutes, flip and bake 10 minutes more.
- 1These can also be wrapped when cooled and frozen for later consumption!