As the weather turns cooler and the nights get longer comfort foods start to creep back in. Our bodies will naturally crave warming foods and these veggie lasagna roll-ups are the perfect fall/winter dish. Filled with veggies for a hearty meal and great for holiday gatherings as it feeds many with minimal cost.
Since I rolled the noodles you will need to buy the regular lasagna noodles and boil them first to get pliable for rolling. (sorry, not the no-bake ones here) Although, if you wanted to make this dish as regular lasagna just layer the ingredients instead of rolling them up. The veggies I chose were spinach, onions, mushrooms, and zucchini but feel free to use whatever you like! Choose the marinara sauce you like, I had a jar from Beach Plum Farm from our last visit to Cape May. A few of my faves are Primal Kitchen and Rao’s or from the local places in town.
While the lasagna noodles are cooking, this is when you sauté up the veggies then add them to the bowl of ricotta cheese. Mix well, layer the veggie mix on each noodle, roll, and place in the baking pan. Cover with sauce and cook for about 15 minutes just to heat through. I came out with 9 noodles. You can always double the recipe if you need more. Serve with a side salad and don’t forget the crusty Italian bread!
If you try this recipe be sure to share with me and tag me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest when you do! I love to see your creations! Check out my homepage for more simple healthy recipes!
Veggie Lasagna Roll-Ups
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup frozen mushrooms (can be fresh)
- 1 container ricotta cheese
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup grated parm
- 1/4 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper, more to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Preheat oven to 375f
- Add olvie oil and garlic to medium pan and sautee, be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add in onion & cook a few minutes, then add in rest of veggies. Cook additional 5-10 minutes until cooked through. Add salt & pepper.
- Pour veggies into a large bowl with ricotta chees & egg. Mix well.
- Pour 1/2 cup sauce on bottom of baking dish.
- Spoon 1/4-1/2 of filling onto each lasagna and roll up. Place in pan seem side down.
- Cover noodles completely with sauce (you may not use the whole jar) & sprinkle parm cheese on top.
- Place in oven and cook 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Enjoy! can be stored in fridge for a few days.