With the weather finally warming up here in Jersey, I get excited to start BBQ’ing and think of new recipes to make and bring to parties. I had this bottle of tequila and have yet to really use it. I also happen to have a bunch of limes on hand so I put the two together and voila! Tequila Lime Bean Salad! I checked my kitchen to see what I could add and I found black beans (so now we added beans into the title!) limes, threw in some fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, and added some fresh parsley, S&P, and EVOO.
The tequila is not too overpowering but adds a nice zing to it! All I ask is that you use good quality Tequila – not house Tequila! Here I used Avion but Casamiagos is another great one too! If you are not a drinker – then just skip it. It will still be delicious! You can swap for more EVOO & lime juice or even red wine vinegar.
As simple as slicing the cherry tomatoes, drain and rinse the beans and cut up the cucumber then throw all together in a large bowl.
Add in the tequila and EVOO, cut, and squeeze the limes. Next, sprinkle on the salt and pepper and fresh parsley. I like to let it sit and marinate a little before serving. Could also be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge. Adding diced avocado or olives is also a great option!
Love this as a side dish or on its own for those plant based eaters.
Tequila Lime Bean Salad
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 1 Medium Cucumber, Diced
- 1 Can Black Beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 Limes
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Oilve Oil
- 2 tbsp Tequila (good quality!)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley (or 1 tbsp dried)
- In a large bowl, add halved tomatoes, beans, and chopped cucumber
- Cut and squeeze limes into the bowl over vegetables
- Add Tequila and Olive Oil
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper and fresh parsley
- Toss gently to coat everything well
- Chill for a few minutes to let the flavors combine
- Option to sprinkle more fresh parsely before seving.