I should call these Fall muffins! They are everything Fall like and your house will smell amazing while they are cooking! Mini muffins are my jam! Regular muffins are great too but mini’s are easy to grab and go (and to eat without making a mess!) Plus, the kids (and adults!) can throw them in their lunch box for school!
The best part is the streusel topping! Remember growing up there were those packaged crumb cakes with the powdery crumbly topping! Oh so good! Ok, maybe not exactly like that but close enough in a much healthier way! I don’t even know how they made that (and I don’t think I want to! LOL!) But I assure you the topping on these muffins are a streusel-like dream!
It was an afterthought right before I was about to put them in the oven so I should have made a larger batch (note for next time). The crumb topping includes;
You can get crazy and add chopped dried fruit if you want! A bit of coconut oil mixed in may help it stick better to the top of the muffins too. Either way, just mix and sprinkle on top before heading them into the oven. This way it bakes in.
Fresh chopped apples and raisins make up the inside of the muffin. Be sure to use an apple that you enjoy! I went with a Honeycrisp – they are my fav! Mashed banana plays the part as the sweetener but you could also use applesauce and really make it about the apple!
This batch made exactly 24 mini muffins which means you could probably get a nice set of 12 regular muffins. Whichever you choose, these are delish! They can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week. Reheat them in the microwave a bit before you enjoy – makes them that much better!
Be sure to share with me on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest if you make a batch! I love to see what you are up to! Want more healthy recipes delivered to your inbox weekly? Subscribe back on my Homepage!
Apple Oatmeal Muffins
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 cup chopped apple
- ¼ cup raisins
- Crumb Topping:
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375f. Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Make crumb topping and set aside in small bowl.
- In a large bowl add oats, baking powder, cinnamon, almond milk, eggs, and mashed banana. Mix well until all combined.
- Then add in chopped apple and raisins and incorporate evenly through the batter.
- Divide batter among the mini muffin pan (should get 24) Sprinkle crumble topping onto each muffin.and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy! Can be stored in the fridge for 1 week.